Every two years, six teams representing different regions of the province compete amongst themselves in three sanctioned Challenge Cups in preparation for the Ontario Winter Games.
- The Northeast AAA team will be on the ice one weekend a month (July-August-September-October) which represents approximately 4 training camps (weekends). Players are expected to attend all camps as well as the 3 Challenge Cups and the Ontario Winter Games.
- Players are expected to follow a conditioning program in order to compete at an elite level. Evaluation sessions will be done during camps to see the individual level of fitness of every player on the team.
- Each player is expected to participate with a competitive club team (A team) in addition to the Northeast AAA regional team. However, if this is not a possibility (for example there is no A level team in your association), you can discuss it with the coaching staff. A decision would be made on an individual basis (case by case).
All players born 1999 or later, who are interested in trying out for the Northeast AAA team, must be available to attend initial Timmins tryout at the beginning of April. If you are selected for the final tryout, you will need to attend a weekend in Sudbury the last weekend of April.
Timmins tryouts – for ALL players interested (We will divide the girls in 2 groups for the first ice-session)
Saturday April 1st – Archie Dillon Sportsplex
First ice-time – 11h00am – 12h30pm (Group 1)
Second ice-time – 12h30pm – 2h00pm (Group 2)
Third ice-time – 5h00pm – 6h30pm (All the players)
Final tryout in Sudbury – by invitation only
Sunday April 30th – Countryside Arena
First ice-time – 12h45pm – 2h15pm
Second ice-time – 4h15pm – 5h45pm
***If you have any questions, you MUST contact the coaching staff at: email@example.com
Pre-registration for the tryouts is MANDATORY.
You need to send an e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of your intention to try out. This e-mail must also include the following information :
- Home phone number:
- Birthdate (Month/day/year):
- Home Association:
- Team(s) you played for in 2016-2017 (ex. U19A, U16A,etc…):
- Preferred position:
- Medical conditions (ex. Asthma, epilepsy, allergies, etc…):